Training for new Warren County Master Gardener Volunteers will use a hybrid model from this point forward. The initial training will be done using an online course. The cost of the online training module will be $200. If you complete the whole process and become an Active Master Gardener Volunteer within one calendar year of starting the process, you will be refunded $50. Here are the steps for becoming a Warren County Master Gardener volunteer:
- Complete the Master Gardener Volunteer Application and return it to the Warren County MGV Program Coordinator (Greg Meyer). Applications can be mailed or dropped off at Ohio State University Extension, 320 E. Silver Street, Lebanon OH 45036. The application can also be scanned and emailed to Greg Meyer at email@example.com. The following is the link to the Warren County MGV application. 2022 Master Gardener Volunteer Application
- Schedule an interview with the Warren County MGV Program Coordination to discuss the MGV program and expectations for Ohio State University Extension volunteers. Email Greg Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your interview.
- Pass a background check. Information and the process will be provided to you during your interview.
After you have completed the first three steps, you will be provided with a link to the online training course. All initial training for new Warren County MGVs will be done using an online training module.
- Complete the online training module within one year. You cannot begin volunteering for Warren County Master Gardener Volunteer projects until the online training module is completed.
- After the online training module is completed, you will become an intern for the program. You can begin to participate in Warren County Master Gardener activities.
- To become an active Warren County Master Gardener Volunteer, you must also do the following:
- Attend at least 10 hours of in-person training at approved educational events. Events will be local and a few statewide opportunities.
- Complete your initial 50-hour volunteer commitment on approved Warren County Master Gardener volunteer projects.
- Steps A and B must be completed within one calendar year after the completion of the online course to become an active Warren County Master Gardener Volunteer.
This option is only available for prospective Warren County MGVs. If you reside in another county, please contact your county Extension office for their process on how to become a Master Gardener Volunteer.