Mental health and wellness can affect how we think, feel, and act. They can also determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices. Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood. When people experience positive mental health and well-being, they can realize their full potential, cope with the stresses of life, work productively, and make meaningful contributions to their communities. Be sure to check out our other web pages related to this topic, including the Benefits of Quiet and Silence, Live Healthy Live Well, Mindfulness, Nature Matters, Side Effects of Singulair/Montelukast, and Mental Health First Aid.
In addition, you can check out these OSU Extension articles written by Laura Stanton, our Family and Consumer Sciences Educator. Each of these articles touches on issues related to mental health and wellness.
- Are You Getting the Right Dosage of Vitamin N (Nature)? (June 22, 2023)
- Load Up on Vitamin N(ature) this Spring (March 24, 2023)
- Celebrate the Winter Solstice (December 20, 2022)
- How's Your Environmental Wellness? (May 2, 2022)
- Wonder and Wander in Nature this Winter (November 30, 2021)
- The Ten Keys to Happier Living (September 10, 2021)
- How Happiness Protects Heart Health (July 13, 2021)
- Get Out! Celebrate Nature on Earth Day and Every Day (April 19, 2021)
- Benefits of Being a Bird Nerd (February 11, 2021)
- Noises Off: The Benefit of Silence (May 22, 2020)
- Getting Outside and Staying Safe (May 25, 2020)
- Healthy Sleep Habits for Teens (October 10, 2020)
- Serious Mental Health Side Effects Related to Singulair (December 10, 2020)
Action for Happiness
- Ten Keys to Happier Living (PDF)
- Take the Happiness Pledge: "I will try to create more happiness and less unhappiness in the world around me."
- Monthly Action Calendars
Greater Good Science Center
The Science of Well-Being
A free, online course offered by Yale University
Your Blueprint for Happiness: Five Principles for Building a Better Life (PDF) University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension
If you or someone you know is having thoughts of suicide or experiencing a mental health or substance use crisis, 988 provides 24/7 connection to confidential support. There is Hope. Just call or text 988 or chat 988lifeline.org. You are not alone. #988Lifeline