Introduction to Ohio 4-H
Ohio 4-H Grows True Leaders
Download the infographic at this link to learn more about Ohio 4-H - the largest youth development program in Ohio!
How to Join a 4-H Club
The best time to join 4-H is in the fall or winter. The enrollment deadline is April 1, so you must be enrolled before that date to participate in Warren County Fair activities.
- Click here for a list of current Warren County 4-H Clubs.
- When choosing a 4-H club, look for a club that meets during a time and in a place that works for your family’s schedule.
- If your child will be a Cloverbud (age five as of Jan. 1 of the current year and enrolled in kindergarten), be sure to select a club that accepts members within your child’s age range. 4-H project members must be age eight as of Jan. 1 of the current year and enrolled in third grade.
- Look for a club that supports members taking the types of projects your family is interested in (non-animal projects, sewing, livestock, dogs, horses, shooting sports).
- Once you’ve found a club that is a good fit for your family, contact the advisor to learn more about the club. For example, you may want to ask about the club’s meeting schedule, meeting location, participation/attendance requirements, club dues and fundraisers, club size, and what kind of involvement is expected from the members’ parents and/or guardians. You even can visit one of the club’s meetings or activities if you’d like.
- Once you’ve selected a club, make it official and enjoy the experience! Be sure to complete the online enrollment by following your club leader's instructions.
If you can’t find a 4-H club that fits your family’s needs, maybe you should consider starting a club of your own! Contact Kara Colvin, email@example.com, for more information on how to become a 4-H volunteer club advisor and starting your own club. It’s an extremely rewarding experience!
4-H Membership Eligibility
Youth are eligible for 4-H membership as a Cloverbud when a child is age five as of Jan. 1 of the current year and is enrolled in kindergarten. Click here for more information about the Cloverbud program. Youth are eligible for membership in the 4-H club program when a child is at least age eight as of Jan. 1 of the current year and is enrolled in third grade. Ohio 4-H membership ends Dec. 31 of the year in which an individual becomes 19-years-old. Membership begins when an eligible individual is enrolled in a club or group that operates within the scope of Ohio State University Extension and is under the direction of a trained adult who has completed the Ohio State University Extension volunteer selection process.
When to Join a 4-H Club
The Warren County 4-H enrollment deadline is April 1, 2022. Any youth that wishes to take their project to the Warren County Fair in the summer must be enrolled in a Warren County 4-H club by April 1. Therefore, we recommend beginning the process of joining a 4-H club in late fall or early winter, to ensure your family is formally enrolled by April 1, 2022.
4-H Family Guide
Flip through it here -OR- Stop by the office and pick up a copy to take home.
Across County Line Membership
If you live in Warren County and would like to join a 4-H club in another county, or if you live in another county and would like to join a Warren County 4-H club, click here for information about crossing county lines.