Bring your lunch and join Ohio State Extension Educators for a free four-class series that will focus on timely topics each month. All classes will be held virtually on Zoom during lunch hour at noon-1pm. Please pre-register for one or all classes at go.osu.edu/healthylivingseries.
Tuesday, September 22nd - "Back to School in the Age of COVID"
Presented by: Kellie Lemly, Family and Consumer Sciences Extension Educator, Champaign County
- Recognize the signs of stress and anxiety in children.
- Learn how to support your kids as they return to school, as well as throughout the school year.
- Explore multiple strategies and skills to support their emotional and mental health.
Register by Sunday, September 20th.
Tuesday, October 20th - "Living in the Present Moment"
Presented by: Laura Stanton, Family and Consumer Sciences Extension Educator, Warren County
- Discover what mindfulness is and what it means to be in the moment.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the mind-body connection.
- Practice several mindfulness activities you can incorporate into your routine.
Register by Sunday, October 20th.
Tuesday, November 17th - "Holiday Gift Giving on a Budget"
Presented by: Brenda Sandman-Stover, Family and Consumer Sciences Extension Educator and 4-H Program Assistant, Greene County
- Learn how to set a budget for the holiday season.
- Discover ideas for making low-cost presents for everyone on your list.
- Explore low-cost ideas for other celebrations throughout the year, such as birthdays and anniversaries.
Register by Sunday, November 15th.
Tuesday, December 15th - "Healthy Eating During the Holidays"
Presented by: Laura Halladay, Family and Consumer Sciences Extension Educator, Greene County
- Explore new strategies to stay healthy and thrive during the holiday season.
- Discover healthier alternatives to traditional holiday foods and treats.
- Examine the principle of moderation and how to incorporate holiday foods into a healthy lifestyle.
Register by Sunday, December 13th.