Fair Book Section:
Goat Poster Contest Requirements
1) Open to any youth enrolled in a goat project.
2) Posters must be entered on the fair entry form.
3) Posters must be submitted at fair goat check-in, Sunday, July 16th.
4) Posters must be made using 22” x 28” poster board, displayed horizontally (no foam board).
5) Each poster must be clearly labeled in the lower right corner, in a space no larger than 3” x 5” with the exhibitor’s name, 4-H club and age as of January 1, 2023
6) Posters will be judged on educational content (50 points), neatness & appearance (30 points) and originality (20 points).
7) Posters will be displayed in the Goat Barn.
8) Unclaimed posters will be discarded following the fair.
1) Senior (15 years and older)
2) Intermediate (12 to 14 years of age)
3) Junior (11 years and under)
April 3, 2023, 4-H membership deadline to be eligible to exhibit at the 2023 Warren County Fair.
May 1, 2023, Ownership, complete possession & continual care deadline for all goat projects.
June 15, 2023, Online fair entry deadline. Online registration is required and is available at warren.osu.edu. No paper copies will be accepted.
June 24, 2023, Mandatory 4-H Livestock Interviews
Friday, July 14,12:00 Noon Stall assignments are available, and fair set-up may begin.
Saturday, July 15, 6:00 p.m. All goat projects may begin arriving at the fair.
Sunday, July 16, 10:00 a.m. The deadline for all goat projects is to be in place on the fairgrounds.
Sunday, July 16, 10:00 a.m. A veterinary inspection of all goat projects. Goats must be in their assigned pens.
Monday, July 17, 10:00 a.m. Goat, llama/alpaca, poultry & rabbit exhibitor meeting (Building C)
Monday, July 17, 1:00 p.m. Dairy, Pygmy, Fiber, Pack & Cart Goat Show (Building E)
Wednesday, July 19, 5:00 p.m. Goat Fun Show (Building C)
Friday, July 21, 7:00 p.m. Announcement of Goat Premier Exhibitor (Intermission before awards are announced for the Grand Showman of Showmen Contest)
Saturday, July 22, 11:00 p.m. Goat projects released